14 Muharram 1446 - 20 July 2024
    
Sign up for newsletter
Eye of Riyadh
Business & Money | Thursday 13 June, 2024 10:27 am |
Share:

PIF keen to invest in Brazil: Governor

The Public Investment Fund (PIF) is interested in investing in Brazil, particularly in the technology, renewable energy, and mining sectors, as well as football, Governor Yasir Al-Rumayyan said.
 

 

During his speech at the Future Investment Initiative Priority Summit in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Al-Rumayyan said though nearly 80% of the fund’s assets under management (AUMs) being invested in the Saudi market, the remaining 20% nears $200 billion.

 

 

 

The reason for focusing on local investments is to achieve appropriate returns, create job opportunities, and increase local content.

 

 

 

Al-Rumayyan confirmed that the Kingdom aims to increase the PIF’s assets of to about $3 trillion by 2030.

 

 

 

Although the Kingdom is one of the largest producers of fossil fuel, its strategy aims to produce half of its energy needs by 2030 from renewable energy sources, Al-Rumayyan said, highlighting a decline in solar energy costs in the Kingdom to one cent per kilowatt-hour.

 


 

 

Share:
Print
Post Your Comment
ADD TO EYE OF Riyadh
RELATED NEWS
PIF mulls to invest $15B in Brazil: Report
PIF mulls to invest $15B in Brazil: Report
Saturday 15 June, 2024 5:42
PIF launches 3 new renewable energy JVs
PIF launches 3 new renewable energy JVs
Wednesday 17 July, 2024 11:09
MOST POPULAR