ESF MENA is part of the global series of conferences launched to support the collaborations, discussions and development of a sustainable energy future in which the Middle East’s downstream industry continues to play a leading role.
Global energy dynamics and the growing momentum for the energy transition is putting the Middle East region, traditionally heavily reliant on hydrocarbons, under increased pressure. Demands on oil and gas companies to reform and diversify the economy away from hydrocarbons is not new, but the COVID-19 pandemic has provided additional urgency.
There are many opportunities for the region to thrive in the era of the energy transition with its natural geology and abundance of low cost and low carbon resources. As the region looks to diversify, ESF MENA will support the collaborations, discussions, and development of a sustainable energy future in which the Middle East’s downstream industry continues to play a leading role
Key topics include:
- Positioning and pathways for a low carbon transition
- Decarbonisation technologies & asset diversification
- Hydrogen & CCUS – seizing the deep decarbonisation opportunities in the Middle East
- Circularity - from concept to reality
- Policies to define and drive the Gulf’s transition